Monday, October 19, 2009

HP40

Horse Pens 40

Me and Sarah on a freezing winterish day

Finally, the cold is coming, the temps are dropping, and bouldering season is arriving. It's about time to unclip, untie, grab your pads and warm clothes and wrestle some pebbles!

This weekend was FREEZING. It was the first real weekend of cold and of course I failed to bring my sleeping bag and down jacket. On the bright side, when the sun did come out, the bouldering was really fun. At first warming up was a really arduous task, but as my hands and body started to warm up I managed to flash a cool V8 called short long. Also that day I kinda flashed Cuts like a knife low V7 ( I had done the stand start). After that I climbed a really beta intensive v7 called missing the point and the next day flashed wasteland V7. Other than that I feel like I'm just getting into the groove of bouldering again and am psyched to keep getting better!!
I can tell this will be a good season, for I also want to do some route climbing in between all this bouldering, and I feel like I'm getting much stronger!! Here are some pics.....

The pick directly up is me on
Slush puppy low v8...



Me playing on the mega classic Slider V9. The friction was horrible on account of the slight mist.




Litz Pocket Problem V8. This one is really cool, with a huge swing for the last move!

Joey Bakos battling the nasty sloper on Wasteland V7

Litz Pocket

Here is my Sarah Bain Testing her pinchy sloper strength on the ultra classic Man with a slow hand V4

No comments: