Monday, February 1, 2010

Rock Pillars!

I apologize that I have not been updating my blog lately, but I am happy to say that those days are over. School and climbing have been keeping me extremely busy, but it's all good now. Anyways...

Some of you already know that I have switched shoes to a company from the Czech Republic, called Rock Pillars. At first I was skeptical about the shoes, but after about five minutes of wearing them I realized that the eastern Europeans had narrowed down shoe making into an art. These shoes, not only stick to just about any foot hold, but they are like climbing in socks. Once your foot slips into them they immediately take the shape of your foot. I first tried them while helping host at a comp at Escalade Climbing gym, and they were magnificent! I was psyched. So today I went over near the Chattahoochee River Park to see how they could perform on real rock and I was really surprised. Any foot hold I placed them on, no matter how small, they didn't even budge. Wowawoowa!! Any time I heel hooked or toe hooked they stuck. I am really psyched on them and would love to see more of them out here in the states. If anyone is interested in getting a pair just visit my facebook and tell me, or email me at e_unit_soviet@yahoo.com, but the easiest way would be talking to the U.S. rep who lives here in Georgia, by going to his facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/climbnchase?ref=ts

So far I have tried the Pearl Slipper and the Top Gun(velcros) and am extremely happy!!

The Top Gun


The Pearl Slipper

Today Was the First day I took these shoes outside and ended up sending a really cool, yet a kinda dirty first ascent, calling it Fight Club. Hopefully vid and pics will be up soon. I called it about V8/9, but I really have no idea and would love some consensus!!

Peace

No comments: